Association for the Promotion of Health and Well-being (ABEPSA)
The Association for the Promotion of Health and Well-being (Association pour la Bien-être et la Promotion de la Santé), or ABEPSA, is a youth group in Maroua. Today, there are approximately 20 members in ABEPSA that meet together twice a month. ABEPSA’s income generation activity is the warehousing of food stuffs for sale at the market. The EFA Youth Empowerment Network has allowed ABEPSA to dramatically increase its proceeds, as members of ABEPSA are now collaborating with the members of AWALLA and AJSYSGOD to house their crops in the ABEPSA office.
ABEPSA was established in March 2007. Originally consisting of seven members, ABEPSA more than doubled their membership during their first year as a Group in Training. ABEPSA has been a full-fledged member association since early 2008, when they received their legal association status.
Updates about ABEPSA from the EFA Blog
- Regional Office Establishes Youth Network Coordination Committee -
- In Mokolo, Youth Association Uses Revenues to Pay for Medical Expenses -
- ABEPSA Sells Crops to Benefit Members -
- ABJEPSA and AJEPS Join Offices -
- Sponsor ABEPSA’s Commercial Market Project -
- EFA Beneficiaries Counter Stigma in Their Community -
- New Associations Launch Income Generation Activities -
- EFA Establishes Peer Mentoring Program -
- Three New HIV+ Support Groups Join EFA’s Youth Network -
- EFA Partners with Boston Area Returned Peace Corps Volunteers (BARPCV) to Conduct Leadership Training for HIV+ Youth -